China is a big country, and with so many people, there are bound to be some different and strange things happening.
Here are some strange and weird facts that people in China live with every day…
- In China, you can pay somebody to go to jail for you, if you can afford the price.
2. China’s buying power has exceeded that of the U.S.
3. China has more factories than the rest of the world, making air pollution a serious issue.
4. The number of Chinese people speaking English exceeds the number of people speaking English in the United States.
5. In China, online services for “girl-friend rental” are available. The charge is US$31 a week.
6. People swimming on a hot summer day; it is hard to get in front as it is so crowded.
7. The ongoing construction of buildings in China is not for development, but for creating jobs for construction companies.
8. A Chinese man was sentenced to 13 years in prison because he killed and ate a critically-endangered Indo-Chinese tiger.
9. Out of 10 students who study abroad, 7 will not return to China.
11. The most serious traffic jam in China lasted for 10 days and spanned 60 miles.
12. It is estimated that the population in China will increase by 350 million by 2025.
13. In China, people take naps on IKEA bed displays in the store.
14. Suicides in China are so numerous that some people make a fortune by retrieving dead bodies after suicides.
15. A young man in China sold one of his kidneys to buy an iPhone.
So as you can see, China is a very unique place where strange things happen.