Have you ever thought of leaving an important message for other people?
This guy, Ben Schmidt, came up with the brilliant idea to record a single word each day for every day in the year…
- The background music has 365 clock ticks.
- He got his hair cut four times, and the last style looks exactly the same as the one at the start, so it loops.
- Several split-second clips feature strangers with bewildered looks, and a few feature people he knows jumping into the frame.
- This wasn’t actually spoken as one word per day, more like a sentence or two each day, because if you didn’t say the surrounding words then the audio would sound really disjointed.
- The video was almost all filmed in Saskatoon, Canada.
What YouTubers think:
- Awesome! I look forward to sharing this with my Education students. Great concept, well executed! —Alec Couros
- Tip o’ the hat for the insane amount of patience it must have taken to create this, and the wonderful thing that is the result. —Unhidden Polymath?
- Time passes… whether we like it or not. 😉 —Camilla D
- One of the coolest YouTube videos I have ever seen! Well done Ben! —PiandBooks
- You definitely need more views and credit for that bro: —GoR Clan
I really like this sentence:
But whatever happens throughout the year, we should try to make the best of what comes our way.
If you want to read the whole script, click here.