You would never imagine how strong the power of these three words “I love you” could be!
我愛你 wǒ ài nǐ, meaning ‘I love you’
It’s simply a sentence consisting of three words. So why do Chinese people seldom say it?
- “People in those days were more conservative.”
- “Romantic love has become family love.”
- “It’s natural to say it to my children, but to my wife…”
- “I just can’t do it.”
Why not give it a try?
- “Really? Are you sure?”
- “I can’t…”
- Some laugh awkwardly.
- “How to say it?”
How their wives react is funny
- “Is there a pig flying by?”
- “What are you doing?”
- “Are you drunk?”
- “Have you done something wrong?”
- “I guess you need to ask for my help with something?”
- “Are you sick?”
- “Have you won the lottery for 5 million?”
- One of the wives is so surprised that she just can’t stop laughing.
“Do you believe I will love you forever?”
“Yes, I do.”
You might think it’s just a simple sentence that doesn’t have any consequences.
But after these men finally had the courage to say it, they felt touched with tears in their eyes. One of the men said the strong feelings of their love as it had been a few years ago came back to him.