Nomadic Matt, professional backpacker and writer collaborates with internet travel blogger Hey Nadine, for a quick video with some tried and tested smart tips for saving money on flights, accommodation, and more…so you can travel longer, cheaper.
Matt Kepnes, aka Nomadic Matt, has just released his book How To Travel the World on $50 a Day, “the Bible for budget travelers,” according to BBC Travel.
A taste of what you’ll find out in this video:
- BE FLEXIBLE—“If you don’t care where or when you’re going, you can find tons of great deals…” Matt gives a hot tip here for finding the cheapest flights if you’re spontaneous.
- BIGGEST BUDGETING MISTAKES?—Don’t pre-book the whole trip people.Matt explains why….”just go with the flow, maybe you love a place and wanna stay longer. Maybe you hate a place and want to leave…” Oh, and GET CITY DISCOUNT CARDS—do this as soon as you arrive, get discounts on all the key attractions, travel, accommodation, food…
- #1 BUDGET TIP BEFORE YOU GO—Go down to the back and get yourself a no fee ATM and credit card…
- HOW TO GET CHEAPEST AIRFARES?—It’s a timing thing. Matt says best time is three to four months before you go, and explains why, but there’s more, traveling in the off season, or shoulders of the season. He’ll explain.
- FIND CHEAPER ACCOMMODATION—Matt has tips and websites for finding budget friendly or even FREE places to stay.
- MORE TIPS—Matt’s been traveling for years non-stop…learn from his mistakes and discoveries!
Happy traveling…and happy planning for your own world adventures.
A quick video with some tried and tested smart tips for saving money on flights, beds, and more…so you can travel longer, cheaper.