Recently, Chile has been gaining some much deserved attention as a travel destination—hitting the spot especially well with those looking for wildly beautiful, dramatic wilderness to explore, unspoiled by the footprints of millions of other tourists. You need a touch of cowboy/cowgirl in you, you might say.
“The mountains and glaciers of Torres del Paine National Park offer some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. These peaks in southern Patagonia rise almost vertically from sea level to nearly 10,000 ft… UNESCO has rightly named this area as a World Biosphere Reserve because of its unique natural features,” explains Equitours.
The camp is situated right in the middle of Torres del Paine National Park, and the surrounding views of the mountain range and granite spires are stunning. The dome bedrooms are super cozy looking, fit out with their own little wood burner stoves and bathrooms…not exactly camping in my books, but that is really fine, really.
- These rooms are geodesic domes.
- Domes are inspired by the ancient Karweskar tribes’ dwellings.
- The other half use shared bathrooms
- The place is energy sustainable, using solar power and hydro power
- The dining situation looks pretty social and suave menu-wise
- Treking/hiking around the jaggard mountains and along glacial rivers will fill your days and your camera
- Kayaking and other adventures are all at your fingertips